Collecting and enforcing unpaid debts can be difficult and time consuming. Kingston, Martinez & Hogan has the skills and experience to recover your unpaid debts quickly and effectively. For example, we can execute orders to seize a debtor’s assets and in many cases we can recover additional costs and fees for continued pursuit of a delinquent account.
Our Collection Law practice includes the following:
- Negotiating settlement agreements
- Location of debtors and their assets
- Filing collection lawsuits and obtaining judgments
- Writs of attachment
- Writs of possession
- Temporary protective orders
- Debtor’s asset examinations
- Conducting bank account levies
- Wage garnishment
- Seizure, levy & sale of assets
- Installing business keepers
- Filing and recording judgment liens on real and personal property
- Bankruptcy claims
- Domestication of sister-state and foreign judgments
In business matters, we may be able to obtain a pre-judgment writ of attachment to freeze a debtor’s assets during the pending legal action. This can prevent a debtor from hiding or using assets during the litigation. If you are a secured creditor, we can seek to recover and preserve your collateral during pending litigation.
Obtaining judgment against a debtor can be relatively straightforward if the matter is uncontested. Enforcing the judgment, however, can be more complicated and requires the skill and expertise of an experienced collection law attorney.
If you have questions, contact us for an initial consultation.